Cosmax USA is the industry leading innovator, designer, manufacturer and marketer of skincare and makeup products.
We partner with brands and marketing companies to bring latest trends to the Beauty and Personal Care market.
We are seeking a Purchasing assistant/ Buyer to join our growing team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and review Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and/or action messages to initiate supply chain requirements
- with focus being short to medium term (1 to 3 months).
- Responsible for order placement and verification of delivery with suppliers.
- Track the delivery of raw materials in support of new product and open stock production.
- Evaluate constraints and summarize plan feasibilities to the Sales and Planning teams.
- Provide solutions to bottlenecks in the supply chain of raw material or internal flow issues.
- Manage issues related to raw materials through engagement with cross-functional teams (receiving, quality, production, finance, Planning, research and development, and process engineers).
- Communication with vendors, quantity and date for deliveries as well as obtain certificate of analysis, packing list and bill of ladings.
- Process returns to vendors for quality issues.
- Manage daily production change alerts to maintain the optimum level of raw materials.
- Manage master data for MRP group, material lead times, MRP controller, min lot size, rounding value, procurement type, quota arrangement usage.
- Obtain and maintain quotes as needed for new raw material purchases.
- Obtain Finance approval for disposal of excess and obsolete materials
- Review/approve invoices for payment.
- Overall responsibility for building the Excess & Obsolete Monthly Analysis for Plant Finance, Division Finance and Brands
- Process authorization to destroy inventory for carrier damaged materials.
- Coordinate any purchasing requirements for RM's requested by other Cosmax factories throughout the world.
- Review past due production orders, sales and delivery orders and independent requirements to ensure accurate demand planning for components.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Proficient knowledge of how an SAP/MRP system works and the ability to interact with it.
- MS Excel proficiency a must. Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all factory and corporate personnel.
- Ability to manage change, provides program management, and achieves results.
- Ability to track production to plan.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
*We are also looking for Manufacturing Planner. If this position interests you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org*