Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance/control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent
with established standards. Assures safe and healthful work environment and practices.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Create and edit quality documents, work instructions, and procedures for Quality Management System.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance/control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Ensures workers engaged in inspections and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding quality.
- Investigates and recommend solutions for all noncompliance issues through Non-Conforming procedures.
- With direction of manager, leads quality production and continuous improvement philosophy throughout the organization.
- Assures the facility is free of safety hazards. Provides leadership in the area of workplace health and safety.
- Investigates and recommends quality assurance/control equipment for organization.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining calibration system of all inspection equipment and tooling.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or special projects as assigned by the Quality Assurance/Control Manager.
- Employee is responsible for ensuring the quality of his or her work and product, following procedures at all times, taking pride
- in his or her work, and producing workmanship of the highest standards.
- Reports directly to the Quality Assurance/Control Manager
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business or equivalent experience.
- Problem solving, motivation, and team-building skills.
- Proven mathematical skills.
- Effective communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Learning leadership and training skills.
- Good coordination and organizational skills.
- Proven understanding of metric system.
- Knowledgeable in the use of micrometers, calipers, height gauges, comparator, etc.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment in manufacturing facility with moderate noise level and concrete floors.
- Exposure to physical hazards from equipment and machine parts, fumes, dust, mist, oils, and cutting fluid.
VI. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to move around the manufacturing facilities and offices.
- Ability to communicate with staff, vendors, and customers, in person, via email, and on the telephone.
- Visual acuity necessary to perform quality inspections.
- Ability to play close attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to occasionally manipulate product weighing ten pounds; must be able to occasionally lift up to thirty pounds.
- Must be able to wear safety glasses.